Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sweet Summertime

YUM. We have had some delicious weather recently! (The obvious exception being the recent rain, but I can totally handle it for a week or two. Don't we suffer through winter for about 5 months here?!) At our house, summertime also means a totally different diet - one including the juciest fruit and crispy, fresh produce, and meals cooked on the grill. It's amazing. Something about wandering outside barefoot to check on the chef's progress just really gets me.

Tonight's meal was polish sausage, corn on the cob, and watermelon. We all loved it!
(Obvs, Michelob Golden Light was not on my menu)

Sabie thoroughly enjoyed her first taste of watermelon, too.

It was also very likely her last, considering Tony had to wrangle a piece of rind from underneath her tongue. Oh Devil Dog, you are really something. But totally cute enough to make up for it.

Here are a couple pics of baby and mama today - 28 weeks and 6 days along!
I'll admit that I'm starting to get a touch uncomfy. My back has been aching, my skin seems like it's a little over-stretched, and more days than not, my ab muscles feel like they're being pulled straight off my ribs. Yikes. But that's really all I've had to complain about through my entire pregnancy, so I am thrilled with how it's going - and completely blown away by the fact that we will meet our little guy in approximately 11 weeks.

 **Summertime, I know we're crazy excited about an important event coming up on or around August 12th. But please don't race by too quickly. We love you too much around here!**



2 comments:

backtobasics said...

Oh, April - you look so adorable! You're going to be a fabulous Momma! Can't wait to get up there!

Anonymous said...

Aw, aren't you cute! That little bean will be here before you know it...and I can't wait to see him! :)