Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pita Pete

We had the opportunity to enjoy some gorgeous weather in Fargo on Saturday! The Pita Pit (and therefore Tony and I) participated in the St. Patrick's Day parade downtown... which was actually pretty fun! Of course it was a little chilly, but the sun was shining and we had a break from the recent rain, so it was as close to perfect as you can get in North Dakota... in March.

You may recognize these shoes... they were actually super-popular with the crowd! I kept hearing pre-teens (and some parents) shouting, "Hey - love your shoes!" I was thinking that as long as they've borrowed the costume, someone should show up to the office in them on Monday.
My camera actually displayed the low battery icon after I took the first picture of the day, which was a bummer. I used Tony's cell phone to get a few extra shots, but to be honest, I was too busy tossing candy to the crowds (and trying to figure out how we were going to make the remaining 20 pieces last throughout the second half of the parade) to take many pictures. But I did get a photo of the big guy right before the parade:
We were cracking up a bit because it's obviously hard to see or maneuver when you're wearing a gigantic pita over your body, but he did just fine. Er, except for when he was nearly crushed by the pita car right in front of our restaurant. That wasn't so good - but aside from that, all went smoothly! I think he was a huge hit.
I've been sworn to secrecy as to who was in the Pita Pete costume, but as a little hint: he's my baby-daddy. That didn't give it away, did it?
We were barely able to get this photo after the parade because so many little kids wanted to get in it with us! It's not easy being married to a celebrity, but the perks are totally worth it. Thanks for being such a great sport, honey!

No comments: