Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Kitchen Reveal!

Wahoo! I've officially joined the blogwagon! This is the first of many posts that will give you a glimpse of what's going on in our little (but ever-increasingly adorable) Fargo home.

Some of the biggest activity around here is the never-ending list of renovations that Tony has been working on. These pictures will be completely out-of-order, and some renovations will have taken place a year (or more!) ago, but I love the idea of having some before-and-afters for people to peruse.

Let's start with the BIGGEST of all renovations - the kitchen! This is really the most recent of the house projects that have been forced upon Tone, but I think it's the most amazing transformation yet. Now I have to see if I can learn how to post pics:


Got it (that was actually pretty easy)! This is a before of the sink and countertop area. I know those are original cabinets, so it was kind of sad to tear them out. But Tony was able to save a few of them for basement storage - love that.



   


And here's the after of the same area (I just LOVE that faucet. The sink is also much deeper, which makes hand-washing dishes sooo much easier. But who needs that when the hubs installed a sparkly new dishwasher!?)



Here's another before: (Why would I honestly keep that much crap on my fridge?)


And unfortunately this isn't the same angle, but it's a shot of the same space. The fridge and oven traded spots in the kitchen



Love the new stove and microwave. Does anyone know the best way to clean a glass-top stove? I own some scrubby pads and spray, but maybe there are some tricks I haven't learned yet? Let me know...



This is the old stove (you might not be able to see it in the pic, but the handle broke off months prior to the renovation. It had been electrical-taped on since Tony bought the place in 2006!) Guess that boy didn't cook much. 

 I pretty much just gasped when I looked at this photo! How in the world was I convinced to move into this house!? I guess love makes ya do crazy stuff.







Here's the same space today: (STILL too much on the fridge. I'll have to take care of that).










And since it's a tough space to photograph, here's another shot: (that Sabie just refuses to smile in photos). I love the miniature countertop by the door. It's the perfect space for charging cell phones, the candle warmer Jill got us for Christmas, keys, etc.  


And one final shot of the kitchen in general. What do you guys think!?:




4 comments:

SarahZelda said...

Awesome. I haven't seen it in person yet but this is the next best thing. Great job to both of you. Love Mom

backtobasics said...

It's beautiful! And I love the picture next to the window.

april said...

Thanks, ladies! We are both super-happy with how it turned out. Tony is so talented :)

Unknown said...

Wow! Tony did a great job at building and Apey, I'm sure you were the decorator! Looks very nice! And Ape..you did a superb job on the blog! Keep it up...oh, and CONGRATULATIONS on the "baby". You two will be great mom and dad!! Can't wait!