Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween (and the past 6 weeks)

Boo!

Wait, not scary? More like the squishiest, cutest tiger you've ever seen? Well, we gave it a shot.

Here's Landon the FIRST time he tried on his Halloween costume today. He's dealing with a cough, teething, and general toddler clingy-ness, so he wasn't too enthused. This is the best pic we got (so far... but we'll be trying again, of course).

Here are the outtakes:
... so much fun trying to get a good pic of a 15-month-old. Sheesh!

Speaking of outtakes, Jenna and I took the boys to the Buffalo River Pumpkin Patch a couple weeks ago. Naturally, we wanted darling pictures of our boys in the "fall landscapey-ness". Here's what we're working with there:




See? It's just soooo easy to get a nice shot!
I'm not posting pictures of our friends because I haven't asked Jenna if it's okay. And because then she'd know I have a blog and she might read it... And then I might have a total of 12 readers and it would make me self-conscious. But I'll have to check in with her because the boys are so funny together. And she's just the cutest. You'll like them.

ALSO since my last post, my dad (and his twin, but that goes without explaining) turned 60! Their wives and kids planned a perfectly-themed Minnesota Twins party for them, and it was really and truly a surprise to both of them! We had family in from as far away as Virginia, Missouri, and Arizona. What a fun weekend. Here are the twins and their families:

Ryan is good at everything... I even had to hand over the cupcake decorating!


Aw yeah, big drinker!


Things are moving along beautifully with the house right now! I can't even remember what the status was last time I posted, but this week we're just waiting on sheetrock taping and texturing. Tony spent the weekend free-eeezing while he stained and varnished all the window jambs (we're planning on having stained jambs but white trim) so that they'll be protected during the mudding process. I guess the sheetrock mud consists of a lot of water, which would be absorbed into the wood window jambs without the finishing on it. Makes sense to me. (It actually does this time... not like the times I just nod while Tony tries to explain what's going on over there!)
looking from the kitchen to the main entry and garage entry

Looking from the kitchen to the living room and main entry
Grandma, Landon, and I stopped by on Friday to visit as he was starting his work. Here's Grandma in the kitchen:

Looking from the living room/entry to the kitchen

The boys in the master bedroom
Self-portrait in Landon's bedroom

Detail shot of the jamb stain. Love!
 Alright. Time to wrap it up. L is losing patience with me. I'll write again soon(ish).

No comments: