Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Shiny New Year!

I just love starting fresh with a brand-new year. There's something so thrilling about choosing a new planner and daydreaming about what will fill those pages... 2010 held a lot of really exciting appointments; 9 months of doctor's visits and lamaze classes, the birth of our amazing son, a niece, and a nephew, holidays, birthdays, and girls' nights out, trips to the lake and dinner dates. My planner is documentation of who I was each particular year, and 2010 was defined by wonderful changes!

I've been trying to consolidate a lot of my high school/college paraphernalia, and ran into my planners from my time in Montana and Virginia. So interesting to re-visit those years! Puts me right back in the moment, you know? I love keeping those planners as a way to reminisce about the "olden days" (and they really are "olden" now; I've been out of college 7 years this May; high school for 11!)

We just celebrated a wonderful Christmas, though we weren't able to join Tone's family in Frazee like we'd planned. I came down with the stomach flu on Christmas night... (came and went pretty quickly, but left me laying on the bathroom floor during!) So disappointing to miss the first Christmas for Kat, Owen, and Landon.

Here's the pic of a little boy who made Santa's Nice List this year: (note the gorgeous back drop behind Santa! We went to the Center Mall because we heard there were no lines. No offense to Santa, but I can kind of see why. We just reminded ourselves that we made a donation to the local food pantry).


When Tony put Landon in Santa's lap, he said, "Sorry, we just woke him up".
And Santa said, "That's the best... they have no idea what's going on!"
And he didn't.

Here are a couple shots from Christmas Day:



We've had a TON of snow lately (always fun to imagine how it will affect our spring flooding situation!) Here are some pics of Tony snowblowing AGAIN a couple days ago:



That's a lot of snow even by North Dakota standards. Glad the little guy and I were safe and warm inside; and so thankful that Tony takes such great care of our home.

And here's a video from today. My heart just can't take much more of these guys!


Could Landon get any cuter?! He thinks his dad is especially funny, for some reason. Love it. This is the best game of peekaboo that I've seen with him so far. Very glad we caught it on video!

And anyone recognize that blanket? My college roommates will for sure, because it's not Landons : )

No comments: