Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer Round-Up

Hey there! So you still check in on my blog? You're pretty loyal, aren't you?  Here's a quick run-down on the summer at our place:

We decided to go ahead on the construction of a new home - exciting and nerve wracking! By the end of November, our blog will officially be about Our (West) Fargo Nest. I'll make sure to post photos as things move along. Right now we've got all of our concrete work finished (basement, garage, driveway, and walkway to the front door), and Tony has begun some of the framing work. Just wait... I think you're really going to like it. But there are a ton of decisions to be made between now and then, so I may have to run some of my ideas by you.

Which reminds me... we'll have to sell our sweet north Fargo house around the same time we move into the new one. If you know of a buyer who will love our first home as much as we do, let me know! I'm happy to send them pics and information or put them in touch with our Realtor. We don't have it listed yet so our friends' friends can have first crack at it!

In early June, I accepted a part-time position with our local hospital; working with education in child passenger safety, fire and burn prevention, pedestrian and wheeled sports safety, safe sleep for infants, poisoning prevention, etc. We basically cover accidental injury prevention for children from birth to 14. I'm having a ton of fun, feeling productive, and contributing a little money to our family. So far it feels like it's a win-win. And lucky Landon gets to spend 20 hours a week with his Grandma Denise, so he's super-lucky too!

Although, let's be honest; Grandma Denise is the lucky one!


Landon celebrated his first birthday a couple weeks ago. He's since taken a few steps and finally cut a tooth! I felt a teeny sharp bump yesterday for the first time. Love that he was over a year old when the tooth broke through his gum. (Tony and I were both about this age when we got ours, too!)

 We're anxiously awaiting the arrival of another niece, who should make her appearance any day now. Can't wait to meet her and hear her name for the first time! Despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to crack either of her parents - they won't tell us her name until she's born. (Really though, it's a fun secret and I can't wait for the surprise to be revealed!)

Okay. Have to take advantage of L's nap and get some cleaning done. I'll be in touch again soon - I promise!


2 comments:

kelly said...

apey - i check in about every other day or so. usually... nothing. but today... best day ever. and, here's why, because i am so proud of the person and mother you've become. you are so wonderful and have truly nurtured the very best family. i am so happy you've decided to pick up the blog again. i know i see you plenty but this is something you're really good at... even though it's been some time. i love you!

april said...

Geez, Kells! Thanks - you're so sweet. I'm calling you right now, actually.